Friday, May 21, 2010

Letters on a page......

Today was a difficult day. It took all day for me to remember who I was and how much love surrounds me. This puzzles me a great deal; how can I be thrown off so easily by a nasty email? An email that is only letters on a page....not a reflection of WHO I am or HOW I choose to live my life. Letters on a page, pieced together into words that cut like a knife through my heart. Had this not been addressed to me, it would have been easier to see how much pain this person is in to reach out to hurt me like this. Had it not been addressed to me, I could have been compassionate and loving and tender... Instead, I spent the bulk of my day thinking about this person and the letters and words she sent me.....why, I now wonder did I give those letters so much power over me?

Tonight, my Taylor, sent me an email about someone who chooses to live their life in a good mood....seeing the positive side of things....living their life with purpose and joy. This is who I think I am most of the time. I'm thankful to Taylor for reminding me to see the joy. To see the love. To see that these were only letters on a page...nothing that can hurt me or my family. What a miracle to end my day with this thought in mind. I do choose to live in joy, to live in love, to be happy and to have fun.

Thank you Taylor.....

No comments:

Post a Comment