Monday, February 1, 2010

Grateful and Happy....

Monday, February 1st....

I'm grateful and happy today. The whole world seems bright and fresh and clean. I had the most amazing ah-ha moment this morning, when I was reading and working on my intentions. It came to me that I am happy. Not just the everyday variety of happy, but truly, honestly, ecstatically happy! I feel like singing and telling everyone, maybe even writing it in the sky. This happiness has always been there, even when it couldn't see it.

I have an amazing husband of 21 years who is also my best friend. He's handsome, blonde with blue eyes, tall enough for me, flirty, fun and great with the kids! He just happens to adore me....which is wonderful! Even more wonderful is that he adores me no matter what....before kids at a very skinny size, after kids, with a not as skinny size, when I wake up, when I'm "made up", when I try on a sweet hat and when I try on a sassy hat. He just adores me. THIS is real love. I tell our kids this all the time: look for someone that loves you and likes you, no matter what. Look for someone whose happiness isn't dependent on what you look like, think like, act like. Someone that knows, even when it's not showing, that you're the absolutely best person in the world.

I also have for wonderfully fantastic children whom I adore! They bring me happiness by just being. Just being them. They are soft, caring, thoughtful, tender, kind. They are still little and learning, just like the rest of us, so they are also grumpy, challenging and trying.

I also have me. I never really gave myself credit before for much of anything. Recently I watched a movie, You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise Hays with my dearest friend Suzanne. In this movie, they talk about the "self talk" we all have going on in our heads all the time. They also talk about loving yourself, liking yourself, forgiving yourself, enjoying yourself, giving yourself the love you would give a lover. So, I've been telling myself that I'm beautiful. That I'm kind. Thoughtful. Loving. Loveable. Compassionate. Tender. Sexy. Slim. That I love myself. I forgive myself. Oh, the last two are especially hard....though I'm working on it each day.

I think all this gratitude and self care has paid off in massive amounts of happiness. It really is all good and life is really amazing and miracles are everywhere. Today, I am grateful and happy.....really, really happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment